Automation & Integration Services
The mission of Automation & Systems Integration Group is to deliver effective integrated plant control and information system solutions to enable our clients to achieve their business objectives, through:
- Enabling decisions based on facts by providing visibility from the sensor through to the boardroom
- Optimizing and tuning Process and Operations
- Using the best, most reliable and most appropriate technology available
- Ensuring maximum ROI for technology investments
- Providing ongoing support and enhancement to ensure the long-term viability of solutions
- Executing projects successfully
WebViews design and engineering methodology uses the highest quality standards and recognized industry best practices. Our range of services and our flexibility allows us to handle projects of any size and complexity, from basic engineering and programming to commissioning and start-up and into operational support. We can count on information technology experts who provide life-cycle assistance for global client enterprise systems in remote and challenging operating environments.
WebViews systems and Automation Methodology
Due to the challenges in testing automation software prior to installation, it is not uncommon to see the testing occur on-site during commissioning, which in many cases leads to project cost overruns and missed completion dates. Using our experience in many projects, we minimize these risks through a proven structured testing method with unique practices such as complete functional testing prior to on-site commissioning. Our standard approach includes over 30 critical project management steps which are summarized in the following project milestones:
- User Requirements development (if not already done)
- Functional Specification and Detailed Design
- Software Development and Testing
- Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) with end-user and all project stakeholders
- On-site Installation and Commissioning
- Site Acceptance Testing
- Project follow up
The controls automation is a single point of failure that can bring down the entire process and therefore represents significant risk. In addition, if the operators and maintenance cannot efficiently operate and manage the system, the inefficient operation represents unnecessary substantial operational costs during the life of the system.
With over 20 years experience, WebViews is a trusted solution provider for reducing these risks and long term operational costs. Our controls capabilities include:
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and Distributed Control System (DCS)
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
What makes us different and significantly reduces our start-up time compared to traditional methods is our extensive experience in dealing with issues and problems our experts have resolved in the past 20 plus years.
PLC & DCS Programming
The programmable logic controller (PLC) or distributed control system (DCS) programming is a single point of failure for controls automation systems and therefore represents significant risk.
Through our extensive experience implementing many controls and automation projects, we reduce this risk through in-house tools such as standard code generators and I/O emulation for complete off-line testing.
Our standard code generation ensures rapid development cycles and proven results, no matter who from WebViews performs the software development. The result is software that works and software that is easy to maintain as a result of this consistency.
We have experience with all International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) 61131-3 programming languages as well major controller suppliers including:
- Rockwell / Allen-Bradley
- GE Fanuc